SAP and its Benefits in Mobile CRM
Innovation Solutions Built on top of SAP
Sigma-Aldrich (Sigma) implemented SAP many years ago, and it runs our Sales, CRM, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and logistics Execution s ystems. W hile users at Sigma were satisfied with the SAP systems, there was still an o pportunity t o e nhance b business o perations. M any o f Sigma’s employees are mobile and they need access to critical business data anytime anywhere. We felt that Mobility was a ripe area for innovation, and made the decision to deploy mobile applications that brought down SAP to tablets and smartphones.
"Mobility was a ripe area for innovation and we made the decision to deploy mobile applications that brought down SAP to tablets and smartphones"
Mobile Use Case Scenarios
There were several use cases that we evaluated from a mobile perspective. S ales, C RM a nd W orkflow w ere a mong t he scenarios t hat m ade s ense f rom a b usiness p erspective. W e were clear that this had to be a Line of Business application that p ositively i mpacted r esults. A fter s ome t hought, w e decided to mobilize SAP CRM to make our salespeople more effective in the field.
The Business Case for Mobile CRM
• Sales persons need access to Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Activities, Tasks in the Field
• Access to Calendar
• Large Volume of data— thousands of contacts
• Need ability to do product searches on mobile devices
We deployed a mobile app for SAP CRM 7.0 for iPads and iPhones that enables:
• Sales persons can access contacts, leads, opportunities, activities, tasks in the Field
• Sales persons have Access to Calendar
• Google maps integration for route planning
• Get 360 degrees view of Account
• Fill Customer Surveys
• CRM Mobile BI/Analytics: Perform Sales Pipeline analysis—see various Charts
• Contextual data f low
• Translated into nine languages
• Increased sales due to a more productive sales team
• Increased collaboration and cross-selling
• Better Sales Analytics to enhance sales and monitor performance
Sigma partnered with Unvired Inc.,—a Houston headquartered firm that focuses on Enterprise Mobility. We deployed the Unvired Mobile Platform, and leveraged Unvired’s Mobile app for SAP CRM. We evaluated various Mobile Platform companies, and after a trial, selected Unvired for our Mobility needs.
By Linda H. Butler, VP of Medical Affairs/CMO/CMIO, Rex...
By Laura Cruz, Global CIO, MDC Partners
By Greg Morrison, SVP & CIO, Cox Enterprises
By Lowell Gilvin, Chief Process Officer, Jabil
By Joe LaFeir, SVP, IS&S (Information Systems & Solutions),...
By Gerri Martin-Flickinger, CIO, Adobe Systems
By Aaron Weis, VP & CIO, Axalta Coating Systems
By Levon Hooks, CIO-Global Corporate Solutions, JLL
By Steve Bein, VP-GIS, Michael Baker International
By Sam Schoelen, Chief Information Technology Officer,...
By Georgios Kyriakopoulos, VP of Equity Research, SunTrust...
By David Sliter, VP & GM of Communications, Media &...
By Julie Stafford, SVP Strategic Consulting, Tangoe
By Dan Adam, CIO, Extreme Networks
By Scott Craig, Vice President of Product Marketing, Lexmark...
By Aaron Gette, CIO, The Bay Club Company
By Dr. Volker G. Hildebrand, Global VP, SAP Hybris
By Meerah Rajavel, CIO, Forcepoint
By Philip Loftus, SVP IT & CIO, SSM Health
By Christy Hartner, SVP, Commerce Bank